Topics for the 10 discussion forum
1 – Quality of Higher Education
Chair Adam Gajek – European Students’ Union (ESU)
- How to improve the quality of the learning experience? (European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA)
- Evaluation of learning instruments (Quality Committee)
- High quality universities with low fees: Is it possible?
2 – Student-Centred Learning
Chair Aleksandar Šušnja – European Students’ Union (ESU)
- Concept of “Student-Centred Learning”
- Benefits of innovative learning for teachers and students
- Challenges of innovative learning for teachers and students
3 – New ways of teaching and learning
Chair Ellen Filmberg – University of Oslo
- Learning in the digital era: E-learning and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Innovation and Education: Can universities nurture the creativity of students?
4 – Fostering access to Higher Education
Chair Bojana Zimonjić – Erasmus Student Network (ESN)
- Importance of diverse classrooms
- Student services
- HousErasmus+: What are the challenges international students and trainees face when looking for accommodation abroad and how to improve the situation
5 – Student Mobility
Chair Dominique Montagnese – Erasmus Student Network (ESN)
- Barriers for student mobility: Visas and socio-economic issues
- How to choose the university to study at: Are the international rankings used by students?
- European and international mobility for study or traineeships under the Erasmus+ programme: Benefits and challenges
6 – Recognition
Chair Erasmus Student Network (ESN) – Erasmus Student Network (ESN)
- Recognition of credits and conversion of the grades for exchange studentsEGRACONS: European GRAde CONversion System http://egracons.eu/
- PRIME: Problems of Recognition In Making Erasmus https://esn.org/prime
Recognition of titles for degree seeking students (Lisbon Convention)
7 – Employability of students
Chair Janet Su – University of Lausanne
- Cooperation with enterprises for the continuous improvement of education and employability of Students
- Impact of students’ international mobility on their employability
- Hard and soft skills: Are European universities helping students to develop both?
8 – Greener Universities
Chair Benjamin Skiaker Myrstad – University of Oslo
- Greener universities: The role of students
- SAVES project: Putting students at the heart of an energy-efficient Europe http://saves.nus.org.uk/
- WE ARE PARIS project – http://www.weareparis.be/
9 – Integration of refugees: What can universities do?
Chair Chiara Patricolo – European Students’ Union (ESU)
- How to overcome language barriers as an international student?
- Refugee crisis: Can universities do more?
- The importance of cross-cultural understanding
10 – The Future of Europe
Chair Michela Pellegrino – Sapienza University of Rome
- Unity and diversity in Europe: The challenge of multiculturalism
- Student mobility and the enlargement of the European Union
- Europe’s political future